Tuesday, October 21, 2008

And there's the tallywacker.

That's what the doctor said, but I wasn't quite sure what a "tallywacker" was. I was so sure we were having a girl that I actually thought to myself, "Do girls have those?" It wasn't until he started tracing our baby's bottom on the screen that I realized what he meant. OOOOOOOOH.

So we're having a BOY! I am so glad we found out because I have needed the time to let it soak in. Don't get me wrong, I love little boys. I just had it so engrained in my mind that Shawonda was actually Shawonda, but now Shawonda is just Shawon. (Thanks, Michelle.)

We sold the bed that was crowding Cannon's soon-to-be room. So now it's cleared out and ready for me to start planning. We ordered our crib last week which will take about 3 or 4 months to come in! I haven't seen any bedding that I love yet. My cousin Leigh, an amazing seamstress, said she'd be happy to make it if we find fabric we like.

Oh--so yeah, his name is Cannon Lee. Cannon because we like the sound, and Lee after a man who was very dear to Oliver. We knew we wanted to use Lee but weren't sure we liked the sound of Lee Chiang. Sounds like a new brand of soy sauce.

My friend Sharon is going to do a maternity shoot for me in a few more months. A few weeks ago, though, we went out to take some pictures of my website (which will be up one day--hopefully before Cannon is born!). For fun, she took a few shots of my belly. BTW, Sharon is an amazing photographer and you should check out her blog: sharonnicolephotography.blogspot.com.


7 comments:

Katie Drilling said...

i love the comment about "not wanting to use lee chiang---sounds like soy sauce"

aunt katie, patiently awaiting the arrival of shawon.

Spicy Magnolia said...

I love the pictures, Leslie! You look absolutely beautiful, and I can't wait for "Polka" to meet Cannon!! :)

The Kac's said...

You look great in these shots! I ditto Katie's comment too...it made me laugh out loud!

Jan said...

I LOVE those pictures. You look so great and beautiful!

Carly Valenza said...

What a pleasant surprise to see in the little feed on the side of my blog (1) that Les had FINALLY updated her bog, and (2) that it was about the discovery of the tallywacker. Priceless.

Miss you!!

Unknown said...

tag u!

Sharon Nicole said...

leslie! you are so sweet, and i can't wait to do your maternity shots. you are the cutest pregnant woman i've EVER seen. :D