Monday, September 15, 2008

There are no good words to rhyme with belly.

Things I have learned recently concerning my belly:

1. This is the first time in my whole life that I have ever wanted it to be noticed.

2. It actually disappoints me when people say it doesn't look that big. I sent the pictures below to my brother Brandon and he said, "Oh whatever...you look the same as when I saw you last. I'm not impressed." Well poo on you. I think Brian just ran ahead of you in the race for Favorite Uncle.

3. I can do a couple of things to make it look bigger.
a. Eat a lot before I see people. This can add a good 2 months.
b. Wear strategic clothing. Things with a waistband that fit right under the belly emphasize it quite well.

4. Stretchmarks are unavoidable. Did you know that? Apparently you can use creams to "minimize their appearance" but you can't keep them away. That's just great. My friend calls them "battle scars." I guess that's a good way to think of them (if I have to think about them at all). Who am I kidding? I've got some already, so we'll just act like I'm collecting them and I'm about to hit the jackpot.

Anyway, even though my brother Brandon wasn't impressed by these pictures, here you go. This was at 14 weeks. In 2 weeks we find out if we're having a girl or a boy!!! I'm thinking girl.





8 comments:

Katie Drilling said...

i'm thinking shawonda too

Carly Valenza said...

loving the baby bump!!!

The Fam said...

I think your belly is huge!! Woo woo for the growing princess or prince lodged in between several organs...

Jan said...

You look great, Leslie! Plus, you make me laugh with your race for Favorite Uncle comment.

blue team said...

les!!!!!! i LOVE your blog already! i was laughing so hard because i can hear your voice as i read...hehe you make me laugh! ...and i LOVE your belly! i knew you would be a super cute pregnant lady!! yeah for big bellies with babies inside :) can't wait to see you and meet your belly soon!

The Kac's said...

You have a cute baby belly! You totally avoided the is she "awkwardly fat or just pregnant" stage that some of us live in for months and months. Congrats on the baby boy and welcome to the blogosphere too!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!! And welcome to the blogosphere. :) How has the body pillow worked?

Theresa said...

hey les, you look great. can't wait to hear more about Cannon!