Monday, February 23, 2009

Reflections

So let's talk reflections. First, let's talk about the reflection I saw of myself as Ollie and I walked past a window on our way to Korea House the other night. I couldn't help but exclaim, "OH MY GOSH." Ollie responded by saying, "Yeah, Babe. Your stomach HAS gotten a lot bigger lately." So brave of him. I knew he was right, and I wasn't offended. Cannon has grown so noticeably these last few weeks. I seriously don't know how my belly can grow any more, but my guess is that it will. I seriously thought today that I need to carry some heavy duty lotion in my purse because my skin stings so much during the day from all the stretching.

Today as I was chillaxing on the couch, I decided to take some video of my belly as Cannon rolled around. I thought maybe I could trick him into performing for me. I promise every time he starts moving like crazy, the moment I point it out to someone, he stops. I felt like Elmer Fudd trying to be vewy vewy quiet to sneak up on my little bunny.

Then I thought I would take a picture of my feet from my perspective. I couldn't stop laughing.

Anyway, went to the doctor this morning. I love my doctor. He is so kind and compassionate. Clearly loves what he does. He said that he expects to see me at my next appointment (next Monday), but that Cannon will likely come next week! I feel both excited and nervous. I could have my baby boy in my arms next week! If not next week, then probably the next! Either way, that is so soon!

Today I hung out with Mandy, Caroline, and Luke. Caroline was so precious. She said, "Cannon birthday party?" Mandy answered, "Yes, Cannon is going to have a birthday party really soon!"

Oops...I fully intended to "reflect" on more, but I'm going to bed.

Ok, I can't believe I am posting this picture, but what the heck.

4 comments:

Spicy Magnolia said...

Oh my goodness...that pic is hilarious! Cannon IS coming soon and I can't wait to meet the little fella!! We gotta get together soon with our little boys! Take it easy and enjoy these last days you have. :)

Theresa said...

never seen it from that angle! love it!!

Unknown said...

LOL. i just clicked on the picture and it blew up really big. nice.

Cancro Family said...

I love that picture!! I cannot wait to see the little babe. I know I will cry. I'm so excited for you and Oliver. Plus, I know you've been getting all sorts of advice from your girlfriends but here's my two cents. GET THE EPIDURAL! You'll enjoy your labor more! Me, I backed into the birthing room with my lower back exposed! :) BIG HUGS, Les...you're gonna rock this!