Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Nice to meet you, Mr. Third Trimester.

Cannon is shifting inside of me as I write. He knows I'm writing about him. To feel him move more and more has been weird and amazing all at once. At first it was, "Wha? Was that him? Or was that just gas?" Now it's definitely him. I can tell when he's kicking vs. when it's a high five. And I have patted his bum quite a few times. Cute little bum. I can't wait to see his sweet little face.

So I've got 10 more weeks 'til my due date of March 12. Last dr. visit, though, Cannon's head measurement put him in the 91st percentile. Ai yah is right. So perhaps he will make his appearance a bit sooner. That will be fine. I just want him to come in the Lord's timing.

During this Christmas season, I have been doing quite a bit of reflecting. My community group decided that we would pray the prayers of Mary, Zechariah, the angels, and Simeon during advent (Luke 1-2). Mary's prayer, "Behold, I am a servant of the Lord. May it be to me according to your word," has turned me upside down. I imagine what Cannon is going to look like, what he'll be like growing up, what kind of man he will be. And then I think about how Mary must have felt. What did she think when she felt God incarnate moving inside of her? I want to have Mary's heart--her submission and yieldedness.

I've also been thinking about how it was just about one year ago that we miscarried. It was a time of grief like I've never known before. I still miss that child and long to meet him or her one day. But I am in awe of the Lord's grace. He reminds me that he hears me, He grieves with me, He knows me, He remembers me. Just one year later, as we still mourn the death of our unborn child, we anticipate Cannon's new life. He is good. "May it be to me according to your word, Lord."

This picture was taken at 28 weeks. Wowsa. 91st percentile. Yup.

3 comments:

Jan said...

That's a great looking belly!

Amber said...

I am so glad you mentioned your blog at the shower yesterday! :) I've added you to my blog reader and look forward to reading your updates! Can't wait to meet Mr. Cannon!

Cancro Family said...

Hey Les, I love your update. Having a big baby isn't as scary as it seems. I cannot wait to see pictures of Cannon and the day we get to meet him too. Oh happy day!!! I hope you continue to feel well into your third trimester. Oh, by the way, those kicks become pretty fierce!! :)